About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Sunday 24 February 2013

Picking Daisies


Daisies in my mums English garden

I have decided on a crochet project.  I posted a couple of weekends ago about my Pinterest inspiration to crochet a blanket.  I was really taken by the colours in the DAISY pattern

So I have got (some of) my supplies.  The yellow for the centre, the white for the petals and a blue for the first border around the daisy. I will have to source one more blue as another suitable one couldn't be found on my rounds of the shops.

tillie tulip has a tutorial for this quilt with photographs but for someone who doesn't even now what a dc is, it was going to be tricky. It doesn't matter as there are so many tutorials on YouTube and I am sure I can fudge my way through it.  I followed one YouTube tutorial and created this yellow centre just to get into the swing of it..

After more perseverence, I eventually finished up with a crocheted square. I hope this looks ok! I have been struggling with my tension.  Holding the yarn does not come naturally to me.  I feel like I have all thumbs. LOL.  This is my fourth (or fifth) attempt.

I just wish I didn't feel that I need to achieve perfection everytime I start something new.  I have to accept that perfection comes with practice.

Daisies in my Australian Garden

 

12 comments:

  1. This is going to be so lovely. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the blue you have chosen... gorgeous aqua... and your square looks wonderful... don't you just love u-tube for all those tutes? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your square looks just wonderful Cath! Good for you. It will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good to me. I used to crochet when I was younger but probably forget how to now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Cath, your crochet is amazing. I wish I could do it. Yours is so pretty.I love what you have done so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks good from here!:) You should be proud that you are trying a new block and pat yourself on the back. I love to crochet and this blanket will be just beautiful when you are finished. And I am in love with the blue you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so beautiful. And good for you trying something new. I haven't crocheted in years but seeing this makes me want to, that's for sure. And I remember what it was like when I first started. Hang in there, you'll get the feel of it as you and honestly you're done a great job already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous squares i love the blanket.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's looking good to me, Cath!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the "daisy" quilt and your squares look good to me too. and yes they will get "better" as you make a few more (few more hundred maybe??)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your daisy block looks great , the tension will come with practice so don't worry about that part just have fun with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a gorgeous pattern, well done for trying something new! Your first square looks great.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...