About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Monday 25 February 2013

Chevron vs Chevron

Well, my February goals are not taking shape as much as I had hoped but I already have plans for March. My son, Red, bought me a layer cake for Christmas...



..... and I have been thinking what to make with it as I don't want it languising on the shelf for the next three years!

Miss M is making a CHEVRON quilt and I thought I would do the same as it would work really well with a Layer Cake......as usual, I turned to Pinterest for inspiration.

Initially I didn't want to do one exactly like Miss M's (which I will show you later) so I picked out two that I liked.

 I picked up a copy of Fons&Porter - Quick Quilting, and would you believe it, there was a superb chevron quilt in the colours I wanted to use.  On closer inspection, the fabrics were exactly the same as my layer cake!!

THIS IS IT.....I am slotting this Ombre Chevron quilt onto my March Goals!

 Have you got any plans for March?


 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Cath,
    Hang in there, sometimes we don't quite get as far along as we'd hoped, but somehow we managed to catch up. Love all the patchworking happening your way.My plans for March are to keep up with my plans!! lol
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely new project, the blues are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky coincidence! the blues are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't that a lucky coincidence to have the same fabrics and for the pattern you wanted to make . It will be beautiful . My plans for march are to continue with Ufo's but I am certain I will start something new I always do ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great new project! Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful project! I cannot wait to see how this turns out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh that looks lovely! love the colours too :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...