About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Monday 11 February 2013

A little weekend sewing

The good news is that I have sourced the Michael Miller Pindot Garden fabric for Spaghetti Junction from the FQS.  It is winging its way to me right now as I write this post.

With this excellent turnaround in the creation of Spaghetti Junction, I was able to make the decision of which fabric to use for block B.....and I am going with that luscious, rich, one tone fabric.  I set to cutting out the fabric for this.  Now, if you read my previous post relating to this quilt, you will remember that the layer cake I am using was not exactly 10in so I am having to adapt the pattern so everything will fit.  No easy feat! I thought I had better do a test run with my new measurements.

I ended up with this dud.....think I miss read the instructions somewhere so gave it another go...
 this one worked out ever so well and when pieced with a block A, I found that the junctions match up better than before
So for now and until the rest of the fabric arrives, I am just doing what I set out to do in my February Goals, to cut out the fabric for piecing.
I thought the fabric scraps made an interesting photo.
Goal One complete!

 
 PS - Have you heard of my 12 part giveaway? Click on the "GiveAway" button on the side bar to find out how....you don't want to miss out!

8 comments:

  1. Looking great! Love the scraps photo ...J

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done Cath your block look fantastic.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great news that you were able to find more of the fabric. Way to go on making your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you could find the fabric. Block looks great. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scrap pile looks great! so the blocks of course ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this pattern and think your fabric choices are going to make an amazing quilt. Good Luck with all those junctions! I have a labradoodle too, isn't it funny how now two look alike!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...