About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Sunday 3 February 2013

Blooming Beauty......NOT!

It's been a week or two since I posted a Blooming Beauty. Are you ready?

It is not a blooming beauty but a beauty all the same....... a beauty of a spider, that is!

 This gal was attached to my washing line when I went to hang the towels out today. These are commonly known as St. John's Cross Spiders and I am so sorry about the bad picture which is horribly out of focus.  See how the two sets of front legs stick together and they normally have the back legs stuck together as well so it stretches out to look like an X or a "cross".

I had hubby carefully detach her web from the washing line but it was still pretty much intact and she was still there this afternoon.  I know she is female because the males are very much smaller.

Hope I can find some blooming beauty again soon.

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this spider - I'm off to google it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I wouldn't call her a beauty! LOL Are they poisonous? She is a tad bit scary looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes that is one creepy spider , is it large or is it just the photo? I am not a big fan of spiders

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...