About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Cherry Blondie

Baking is not my forte. Miss M is the successful baker around here. She has one recipe that she knows by heart and tonight I am attempting to re-create it for my sewing group tomorrow.

Cherry Blondie is a favourite for the whole family and it rarely lasts very long at all.  I found this recipe on taste.com.au and it is very similar to Miss M's.


Ingredients

  • 100g butter, chopped
  • 180g white chocolate, chopped
  • 3/4 cup caster sugar
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
  • 3/4 cup plain flour, sifted
  • 415g can stoneless black cherries in syrup, drained
  • Icing sugar mixture, to dust

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease an 18cm x 28cm (base) rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on all sides. Melt butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
  2. Add sugar, eggs and flours to pan. Stir to combine. Spread into prepared pan (mixture will be thick and may appear split). Press cherries into mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until edges are firm and top golden. Cool in pan. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.

I did make one change to the recipe because I melted the chocolate and butter in the microwave. Last time I tried it on the stove top, it was a disaster. I hope I do the recipe justice and it is enjoyed as much as we enjoy Miss M's. 


I am going to link in with Melody's Tuesday Treasure just because this is not just mine but a family treasure.
This blog is linked into

7 comments:

  1. Oh that looks so relish. I can see why it is a family treasure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to bake so may give that a try : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh wow, this looks so delicious! Will have to give it a try. Have fun with the ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yummy , that looks delicious ,thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness, that looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for linking up with TT this week. A good recipe is indeed a treasure. This looks delicious .

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...