About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Lets Chat

It that time of the week. Time to put the kettle on, have a cuppa and sit on the porch with Patrice at Everyday Ruralty to have a chat.  If you want to join in head on over.



 This week's topics

What was your favorite game as a child?
I loved Rounders (a version of baseball) and it was the only game I ever liked playing, even in Highschool. I was not very athletic and was never picked first for teams but Rounders was fun. I don't know why.
 
Have you ever had your own business? (home business, a shop, Etsy, lemon-aid stand, etc)
Personally, I have never owned a business, not even selling Lemoneade. But my husband had his own business and I used to run the office for him. I really liked that as it meant I could do it on my own time and still sew!
  
How's your spelling?
I have never had a problem with my spelling which is something I am grateful for because I am terrible at math.....got to be good at something, right?
 
How are you about going to the dentist?
Hate it,  I have not been to the dentist for 6 years (oops!) which is why it is on my goal list for January.  I remember going to the dentist when I was about 5 and he was a heavy smoker.  In those days they did not wear latex gloves and I could taste the smoke on his fingers.....Yuck! 
 
Do you enjoy board games?
Yes, except when my hubby is involved.  He is the MOST competitive person I know which is ok except that he blatantly rubs it in all the time when he is winning.  I refuse to play with him now but I have moved on and play Words with Friends and backgammon on line.

Thanks for stopping by for the chat. 
 

7 comments:

  1. I would hate going to the dentist too if I had one like that!!! Double yuckky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own a dog and love to stitch and quilt, and hate the dentist too. I love scrabble and playing board games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Dentist would probably be severely cautioned these days - or not have any patients. This is a great way to get to know people isn't it?? Personally I do not like the dentist visits either, never owned a business, did not enjoy board games with my mother or brother because I always lost, but I am an OK speller (a very bad typist though!!)Game as a child - don't remember any - like you - not very athletic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like spelling. I'm terrible at math too. I like to play board games with someone who would consider it fun, but would compete a little bit. I run from those who are very competitive. :)I've never heard of Rounders. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a friend that works for a dentist and LOVES getting her teeth cleaned. As for games, I played basketball for 10 years in schoo. Started playing in 2nd grade. I think that is why my knees don't work right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am pretty competitive also. So is my oldest. So we have a rule that the winner has to put the game and all the pieces away. It cuts down on a tiny bit of the gloating. Not a lot but some :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...