About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Monday 18 April 2016

Design Board Monday #30 - Another Block Done!

Design Board Monday is a little delayed today because I am having to use my smart phone to take photo's atm and IT needed charging. I have the ones I need now so lets get on with the Link Party!

I have two finishes this week.....

Flowerville - Block 5

I loved this block, although, I think I say that every time I finish one.  I have decided to stick with my Flowerville stitching for now (as far as BOMs go) until I have caught up.....mainly because it is already printed on the fabric which is easy to get it ready for stitching. Block 6 - The Coffee Shop is already on the frame. How do you like my African Violets?? and are they out of fashion? I struggled to find them at the Nurseries hereabouts.

Crochet Shell Stitch Blanket
When I last posted about this blanket a couple of weeks ago, I was despairing because I struggled to find the same colour blue for the entire blanket........and then.......I popped into the "Reject Shop" and lo and behold, I spotted a ball of the very yarn I needed on the shelf (believe me, it wasn't there the week before!) When I took it to the counter to pay, I asked the young girl where the next nearest store was and found it was not too far away. As it turns out, my farmer wanted to go shopping at a centre very close to the 2nd store and he offered to take me there after.  What a great idea....I found two more balls as well as the white container that my African Violets are in......and my farmer pulled out his wallet and paid for the lot!
When we got home, I pulled out 6 rows of the beige and 12 rows of the [other] blue so I could do it all the way I originally wanted.......well worth it! I am really happy with how it turned out.

As well as Flowerville Block 6, I am also going to trace a pattern from Jenny Elefantz latest Stitchery Club installment.  I will work on it on Friday night, 22/4, and link up Saturday for Stitch In Days. If you are working on a Jenny Elefantz design.....why not join in!

What do you have to share for this week?


  • Link will be open until this coming Sunday.
  • Link anything that you are working on this week or over the past week....needle and thread is all it takes.
  • Please add a link back to Bits 'n Bobs as part of your post (why not get the button code from the side bar to paste into your post). This will help your readers finding the Link Up if they want to participate as well.
  • Please make the effort to visit other link users and leave them a comment. Leaving me a comment after linking up will help me know that you have been by and linked up
  • Other Link Parties are more than welcome to link up too! Please NO Sales, Endorsement or Promotional Posts....they will be deleted.

Link Below


 Also Linking with:

13 comments:

  1. I love those blocks and your african violets! Look forward to see more blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Flowerville blocks are very elegant, perfect pairing with the African violets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blocks with the variegated thread and love the African violets too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The variegated thread looks wonderful on those blocks. Beautiful collage of your violets and the stitchery. The white container is perfect and how wonderful is it that you found the yarn in the same shop.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I forgot to leave a comment earlier today when I linked! I am so excited to see the flowerville block finished. I've been watching you come along with it, and it is so gorgeous. I really wanted to do those blocks, but I had to tell myself no. I'm enjoying them by seeing yours! What a story about finding your yarn! I'm so happy for you, and for the violets. I don't see them as often as I used to - sometimes in the grocery flower section. I love them myself, and did well with them in the desert. Here in wet TN, not so well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowerville block is so pretty Cath. You are such a quick stitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your block. Congratulations on finding the correct yarn, what a find. Thanks for sharing, Guida.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The way you are using variegated thread on your blocks is so clever - it adds the perfect element of whimsy to these fun blocks. I think African Violets are an old flower and I hope they are not out of fashion as they are so pretty! My Dad always had AV and my Mom keeps them in his memory so they are special to our family. What a lovely container you found to keep them in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love your pretty block and the muted colours of the crocheted blanket are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just getting around to visiting the Slow Sunday Stitching links... love your Flowerville block!
    What kind of thread did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your Flowerville blocks are beautiful. I think I've said this before but I do love the variegated floss that you are using!

    So glad you came across the exact yarn you needed. Isn't it amazing how sometimes we find just what we need at just the right time!

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...