- We are still talking about the fire we had here last week and we are still in awe of our good fortune in averting a much greater emergency!
- We also enjoyed a visit to our home by one of my farmer's sisters and her husband...the weather was glorious for that event and they got the full sweep of all the views that we enjoy everyday
- Over the weekend we attended the wedding of the farmers niece in the North of the State and even though the event was threatened by floods....it all turned out well and a day to catch up with family.
- This morning we have noticed a definite change in demeanour of one of our cows and we are certain she is starting the first stage of calving.
But Wedding-wise, on the other hand....here are a few pics. The wedding was held at historical Brickendon Farm which was established in 1824 and is still owned by the same family, 7 generations on. The barns which were built by convicts are stunning and a gorgeous back drop for the ceremony. Due to recent rain and flash flooding, the wedding was moved inside at the last minute but that did not a matter at all as far as the ceremony went.
The adjacent barn was decorated beautifully from the table settings right down (or up) to the floral 'chandalier' hanging from the central beam (lower right photo). For me, I enjoyed the specially choreographed Bridal Waltz the best and the Groom's speech brought a lump to my throat. And then we all danced the night away....I just love weddings!
One of my facebook friends posted this photo on her page and it really did hit home but I may well be saying the same thing when March swings around too.
- Link will be open until Sunday 7.2.2016.
- link anything that you are working on this week or over the past week....needle and thread is all it takes.
- Please add a link back to Bits 'n Bobs as part of your post (why not get the button code from the side bar to paste into your post)
- Please make the effort to visit other link users and leave them a comment to make their day! Don't forget me! I like comments too!
Goodluck with your calving heifer...... Got some calving at the moment..... They sure keep you on your toes.....ReplyDelete
Beautiful pictures, looks like a lovely place to have a wedding. Hugs....ReplyDelete
Happy New Year!!! Lol....You'll get thereReplyDelete
girl. Lovely pictures!
What a gorgeous setting for the wedding. It would have been atmospheric with the wet weather. I hope your calving heifer goes well.ReplyDelete
Love your pictures! The wedding looked fabulous and the I love all the lighting of the candles, etc. Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
Love your pics. The wedding looks like it was gorgeous.ReplyDelete
lovely pictures..... busy busy .. it's a farming life????ReplyDelete
Lovey pictures! The wedding setting looks fabulous. You are keeping busy. Good luck with the calving!ReplyDelete
And thank you for organising your linky party. It's such fun to see what everyone is stitching!
Beautiful photos. It must have been a stunningly beautiful wedding. Hope you have a chance to get some stitching in this week.ReplyDelete