About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Friday 16 May 2014

Mystery Quilt - Part 3

She's Back.......I picked my Pfaff up from the machine hospital yesterday and she has had a full service so even though I haven't had a chance to check her out .....yet, I trust she will be as good as new.

Time to catch up on sewing those Mystery Blocks.

I have spent all of this morning  sewing my 2 mystery blocks and here they are.......(machine as good as new btw)

Block 5.....initially, I thought I wouldn't like this block as I don't like the yellow against the rusty red but now that it is sewn together, I am quite pleased with the outcome.

Block 6......I am not pleased with this one *LOL*....can you see why? Yep, I only noticed when I popped the photo into my post that I have sewn it together incorrectly.  I honestly don't know how I do this EVERY SINGLE TIME I sit at my sewing machine. As you can imagine, the seam ripper is never too far away so I will post an amended photo at some stage.  In the mean time, here are my next 2 blocks set out and ready to sew at the next class. I am undecided which arrangement to use so any views would be so helpful

I am leaning towards the 1st, mostly red, block

The first block is following the pattern but I am leaning towards the 2nd choice.
Now maybe if I hadn't been playing around with these corner snippets, I wouldn't have gone so far astray while sewing my block........one or two of them had fallen in to a butterfly shape by themselves and looked so pretty, I just had to take the time to arrange the others as well. It is the small things......
Thank you all so much for your kind words from my last post even though I have not been able to give you the details  (it is not my story to tell).  I haven't gotten around to answering all the comments as yet.....it has been a difficult couple of days but today looks more promising....fingers crossed, it will improve with little steps each day.


2 comments:

  1. your blocks are so great... I was looking at how well your ends meet and didn't notice the wrong shapes so had to go back.... glad things are improving.. if somewhat slowly...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are very pretty, love the colours and prefer the 1st colour arrangement to the green one.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...