About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Monday 9 December 2013

Pinterest Making Spirits Bright (2)

Another day and another opportunity to create something from my Pinterest Board for Christmas. If you missed yesterdays post, here it is.


Today I decided to try one of these crafty ideas:


Pinned from here
unfortunately picture only - no site to credit
I like the layered look of the top picture but don't have the scrabble tiles so decided to use a button as in the bottom picture.

I started with an old painting that was stashed in the back of the cupboard.  I bought this painting for a song years ago when we were struggling to make ends meet and I really wanted to jazz up our home.

It no longer has a place in our home but the frame is quite fancy so when hubby was talking about disposing of it, I decided to hang on to it a bit longer. Now is the time to use it.


Out with the jar of buttons I purchased earlier this year. You never know when you are going to need oodles of button .....LOL.....and thats all the excuse I need to buy them by the bag full from Spotlight whenever I happen to find myself there (not often)

tip them all out on the table and rummage through them for suitable sizes. I am having fun already

Now I do have scrapbook paper but not a great deal and certainly nothing to suit this project, but what I do have is heaps and heaps of fabric in my stash and I picked a red one which I ironed onto some stiff interfacing.  Then I tried out some xmas tree shapes and designs.
I glued the fabric ontop of the painting in the frame and then glued the buttons on.  Here is what I ended up with.......LOVE IT!
 LOVE IT!

LOVE IT....

 Just Saying.....because I can't stop looking at it hung up on the wall.


 

12 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it .... I want one too - another project to add to my list. At least I have a lot of buttons to choose from
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. clever you Cath it looks fantastic,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomely done Cath! Have you seen these made with old costume jewelry? I found them on Pinterest. Just type in Christmas trees or Christmas and sooner or later they will come up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. here is a link to one of them:
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/255579347577672693/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it to, you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Cath,

    That is wonderful, we all have lots of "one" buttons that need using up.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever idea Cath !
    Simply lovely.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Cath. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little button tree looks great, I love the blue star on the top! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...