The right reason to make a Sunshine Box became evident to me a few weeks ago when someone I work with really needed cheering up.
I have mentioned before that I work with an amazing team of people. Not too long ago we had a new member join our Customer Service team and it didn't take long for this lovely lady with an amazing spirit to become a much loved part of my working week but recently she needed a lift. What better way than with a Sunshine box.
I started looking for yellow "sunshine" items to put in the box and found
- Butterscotch Tim Tams
- Caramel Lindt Chocolate
- Honey, Lemon and Menthol drops
- Twinings Camomile, honey and Vanilla tea
- Yellow bodywash
- Yellow novelty shower scrub
- A yellow polka dot coffee mug
- Yellow lollies like bananas, yellow gummy bears and a variety of others (yes, I sat and picked out the yellow ones with a pair of kitchen tongs! and packaged them in a yellow box with cellophane and ribbon)
- balloons, yellow boa and a bobble headband (for fun)
Here is everything packaged in the box and all that was left was to do was decorate the outside of the box. I searched Pinterest for ideas and/or printable labels that I could use and then added some silk gerbera flowers that I deconstructed and attached to the box with buttons and ribbon and lastly tied it all together with a big yellow bow.
I wanted smiles, and didn't expect tears....oh no! But the smiles were soon back when the box was opened. You gotta smile when you open a box of sunshiny happiness.