About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Saturday 16 August 2014

Friday Night Sew In - August

Well I was here all present and correct for FNSI hosted by Wendy at Sugarlane Quilts, how about you? I was joined by another 51 friends and you can go HERE to see what they got up to......but not before you see what I did.

 Block 9 of Bric-a-Brac - "Tiny Pins and Sewing Things"

 I have been working on this all week at my various sewing groups and last night I decided to finish it off so I can start something fresh next week. I still had to do the pins on the pincushion
the thimble
and the Rose design on the pencil holder

During the week I had already stitched the rest of the pencil holder, the pincushion, the tape measure
and the reels of cotton

Another block down and ......er.......a few more to go.......I am looking forward to Block 10.
We have woken up today to a long awaited rainy day....the downside of that is that it is so difficult to take photos in these gloomy conditions.

Ok, my lovlies.......off you go and see who else had their needles threaded!

 

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching and stitcheries !

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is a lot of stitching in that block... lovely work... enjoy the rain... we haven't had much here at all.... but it is damp and colder than usual
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW Cath... your work is gorgeous! Love the project with it's sewing bits n pieces. It will be wonderful when completed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Block. Your stitches are sew perfect on the thimble..

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful stitching! they are such pretty blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful block. Love the pin cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitchery blocks, don't forget to post a pic when the quilts done as I'd love to see it :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this looks like a nice quilt block. can't wait to see all the blocks done and together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stitching Cath. This quilt is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What stunning needlework. It is a lovely pattern too. The quilt will look great.

    http://valspierssews.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/fnsi.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stitching looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cath, what a beautiful embroidered piece you have made! That is a darling pattern, which you have done up wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very productive FNSI Cath. Your stitching is beautiful. Cheers, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is such a sweet stitchery, lots of colour changes there though, especially for the pins!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous stitching projects Cath.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous stitchery projects Cath. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty block. I love the pins!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous stitchery and a new one to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm totally in love with this block! I haven't seen this quilt before but I hope I can find the pattern! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...