About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Something to treasure from Bobs

I wanted to show you this little gift that my 8 year old niece in Ireland,  hand made for me and sent to me for Christmas.

In the accompanying letter, she tells me that she had hardly any help making it.  I will treasure it always as this little girl (nicknamed Bobs) has had such a hard year, losing her dad (my brother) back in April 2012.

When I last visited her and her dad, I fell in love with the cat they had adopted and sat with it curled up in my lap the whole time so she knows that I like cats.  Infact something that she and I have in common, is that we both have a love for animals.

This is the cat, Lucy, asleep next to me. Can I just say the cat was called Lucy and then it was discovered that she was actually a he but by that time "Lucy" stuck. 


 

7 comments:

  1. What a treasure - and beautifully made by an 8 yo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift! She did an amazing job for an 8 year old. Made with love and Lucy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, she did an amazing job for an 8yr old...truly a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, she did a wonderful job. Please tell her I think she is very very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such beautiful work,what a treasure.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special treasure , I love it ,your niece is quite talented for her age!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a special giftand it sounds like your niece is special to you

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...