Just over a week ago when I started up my sewing machine, I kept getting an error which I couldn't resolve. I read through the troubleshooting table in the manual and did all that was suggested but still no luck. Today, I decided it was cool enough outside to venture out so packed up the beast of a machine and took it to my local machine doctor.
I have been visiting this machine doctor for a while now and he has the tiniest little shop which is cramped with sewing machines in for a service and sewing machines in boxes for sale.
He and his assistant, immediately looked at my problem and decided on a couple of treatments, then the assistant noticed that the needle would not go down through the needleplate and the diagnosis was found, a buckled needle plate. No idea how that happened but they took the part out back for some surgery and before long, all was fixed. They packed it all back up for me and insisted on carrying it back out to the car (she is a heavy beast) and after all this insisted that I didn't owe them a thing.
So I'm back home sewing Rusty's quilt as I said I would get the rows built this month as part of my goals for January.