About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Wednesday 16 January 2013

A visit to the machine doctor and some sewing

Just over a week ago when I started up my sewing machine, I kept getting an error which I couldn't resolve. I read through the troubleshooting table in the manual and did all that was suggested but still no luck. Today, I decided it was cool enough outside to venture out so packed up the beast of a machine and took it to my local machine doctor.

I have been visiting this machine doctor for a while now and he has the tiniest little shop which is cramped with sewing machines in for a service and sewing machines in boxes for sale.

He and his assistant, immediately looked at my problem and decided on a couple of treatments, then the assistant noticed that the needle would not go down through the needleplate and the diagnosis was found, a buckled needle plate.  No idea how that happened but they took the part out back for some surgery and before long, all was fixed.  They packed it all back up for me and insisted on carrying it back out to the car (she is a heavy beast) and after all this insisted that I didn't owe them a thing.

So I'm back home sewing Rusty's quilt as I said I would get the rows built this month as part of my goals for January.


 

6 comments:

  1. The stitcheries in your header are stunning! Love the embroideries.
    Thanks again for visiting and commenting at my blog. I am now a happy follower on yours!
    Hugs ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic service - so much better than waiting 2 weeks to get your machine back. Glad its all working properly now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have that happen very often these days. It's nice to find honest people who will do a wonderful job and not charge the earth. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that it was such an easy fix for your machine - and painless too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing your machine did not require a weeks stay with the Dr.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...