About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Friday 22 January 2016

Friday Report - My Needle is Threaded

*Please Note - FNSI Results will be posted on Sunday....I do hope you will come back and visit then*

The BOMs are coming in really fast at the moment....just when I thought I had caught up, I suddenly realise that I am a couple of months behind with all three of them. Blocks 4 & 5 of Flowerville are waiting for my attention as well as months 5 & 6 of Brookfield.

Right now I am concentrating on catching up with A Country Tea Party by Libby Richardson. Block 6 arrived in the mail earlier this week and I had only just started stitching block 4....Oh My!


When I last blogged about this stitchery, I had mixed up my thread boxes and so only had one thread that was compatible and didn't get very much done...just the little blue bird. When I got home, the stitching really got underway and a week later, I finished this block, when I  joined a new sewing group at Timeless Designs.


I have to say, some nights, I just couldn't put it down and stayed up until 2am....stitching.


It really is the cutest little block....well they all are... and so now I am onto Block 5.


Block 5 is the central block of the quilt and is twice as big as the other blocks so far which means I am reaching the half way mark of the stitching.


I started stitching the teddies in this block just a couple of nights ago and they are really taking shape now.


I was so thrilled with how the satin stitch features turned out...although it is a bit easier when the fill in shapes are bigger.  I am going to continue working on this for FNSI*


I say Friday NIGHT Stitch in...but...I have an overnight observation in hospital tonight so I am stitching this afternoon to take my mind off the event...and the fact that our air outside is full of smoke from the bushfires up north.

I have posted about this today on Cath@Home

 *I hope you will be joining up with FNSI tonight. Head on over to join up or visit some of the blogs there...starting tomorrow. I will put up my FNSI Results on Sunday 24/1/16


7 comments:

  1. Cath, those teddy bear blocks are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. speaking of BOMS my Lucy Boston block just arrived in the box........might cut into that.......hope your ok...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Libby's designs. Your version is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing those teddies come to life!
    Happy stitching and good luck with your overnight hospital stay, hope all is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching! I love those bears. It's going to be a very cute quilt when it's all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching , they are so sweet .

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...