About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Monday 21 December 2015

DBM #14 - Oh Dear & Oh Deer!

Oh Dear! Would you believe I forgot it was Monday today? We had some "out of left field" news yesterday and I have been mulling over that and completely forgot that I was supposed to post DBM today. All I have done this week, is sew little baskets and with yet another block for A Garden Tea Party arriving in the post, I will do some of that this week, if I get the chance.

We are travelling to Launceston for Christmas Day and I want to bake some treats to take and make some pots of cherry jam for neighbour gifts so I doubt I will get any stitching done this week.

Even though we are not expecting anyone here for the Christmas period, I still wanted to add a festive feel to the house....no Christmas tree but some decorations on the mantle and hallway table to make spirits bright.


Red and White are the main colours this year  because they were in the first box I found and I have featured my Reindeer in this collection for the mantle....oh deer! how many reindeer do I have? I last counted 10 but only 4 made the cut for this scene. The little green 'trees' are pine saplings that I found outside and I love the pop of green freshness that they add to the mantle. Hopefully next year they will be bigger and I can shape them into little xmas trees and add lights.

click on this image to view in lightbox (makes it bigger)

For the entrance table, I collected all sorts of  'xmas trees'....I am really not sure how many of these I have now and even bought another on sale last week although I haven't used it here. I bought the glass one (filled with baubles) at the sales last year......I have been lazy this year and just popped some baubles in it but think of the possibilities......I love Christmas decorating!


The tree topper angel is new this year too....when I spotted her, I knew it was time to replace the old one which we haven't used for a couple of years because she is too heavy for our new xmas tree. I just realised...the snowglobe with the reindeer is technically reindeer #11! Oh deer, oh deer! I am thrilled with how festive these two areas look....such a shame only me and the farmer will experience it but that is life! I am already getting excited for next years decorating and may treat myself to a little trip to find more bargains.....after Christmas....ho ho ho!


Now, what would you like to share here today.....anything needle and thread and for this week only, your creative Christmas decorating.


Let's see what you have on your Design Board this week:
  • Link will be open until Sunday 27/12/15.
  • link anything that you are working on this week or over the past week....needle and thread is all it takes.....or anything Christmasy!
  • Please add a link back to Bits 'n Bobs as part of your post (why not get the button code to paste into your post)
  • Please make the effort to visit other link users and leave them a comment to make their day! Don't forget me! I like comments too!
   

7 comments:

  1. Cath it's totally understandable that you would be distracted from your blogging if you've received unfortunate news... love your decorating for Christmas, all the Deer are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I haven't decorated much at all, and it's almost here! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorating is lovely, Cath. I hope all is well. Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your news doesn't spoil your holiday. It seems we roll along for a while with smooth sailing, then out of the blue it gets rough. It will even out again as it does, but I'll think good thoughts for you.

    Your decorations are really festive. I've mustered a tree on a table, and plugged in the lights. I think that's as far as it will get as no one else has put up a fuss. It's the first year I've been so minimalistic, but I kind of like it.

    Safe travels for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cath. Your decorations are lovely. I've really enjoyed following your doings since your move to Tassie. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very festive. It also has the advantage of not taking long to put away after the season so you can get back to stitching sooner. Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cath your decorations are beautiful. I'm afraid the cards we receive are our decorations. I group them together and they brighten the room. Now we have a grandchild things might change. look forward to your 2016 posts Cheers and Happy New year

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...