About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Saturday 5 September 2015

Slow Stitching on Friday Night

I have been a very good little stitcher in the last couple of weeks and finished off most of Block 1 of my "Garden Tea Party" The only bits left are the daisy petals and the ducklings.....waiting for the threads. I subjected poor Shez to my rant about that yesterday......so lets leave that well alone! (but it has nothing to do with my BOM supplier).


I have just totally loved stitching this block with it's variety of stitches.....the teddy and the grass were done with a single straight stitch and the duck food were little french knots.


The bullrushes are satin stitched and.......wait for it......the daisies are daisy stitches! Not yet done though.


Now, with that block set aside for the time being, I had the chance to sink my teeth into my next BOM.....Flowerville, which has yet another different stitch that I don't think I have done since I was in Primary School.....Chainstitch! Gosh I struggled with that one....so much so that I opted to stitch the outer border circle in backstitch. Here is my chainstitch......hopefully this is the last time it will be viewed so closely.

 There is also a few Satin Stitch bits as well.  I am mastering that quite well.


This is how far I got during the week and my aim last night was to finish everything to the left of the little cottage.


We had a late dinner as my farmer came in late from the fields so it was well after 8;30pm before I settled myself in front of the telly to watch some good British drama.....Midsomer Murders and Line of Duty.  No doggie girls on my lap tonight. I bought them a new bed this week and they just love it!


Even so, in 2 hours, I had only done a few stems and started on some satinstitch  petals.



Those satinstitch petals slowed me down.......striving for perfection makes for slow stitching.



All in all I am happy with what I achieved and I will do somemore on Saturday.

Before I headed to bed though, I had to wake up this cute curled up bundle to have a quick walk outside before bed time. Just look at her cuddled up to teddy......adorable!



Big thank you to  Cheryl at Gone Stitchin for hosting us last night......head on over to the link and see who else took part in the get together.
Also linking in to Stitchery Link Party at Super Mom - No Cape
Giveaway at Cath@Home

And because I always like to have one last word........I am having a giveaway on my blog, Cath@Home, starting tomorrow (Sunday 6/9/15) so I would love for one and all to come over and see.



18 comments:

  1. love seeing your embroidery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous post. Fabulous that you are stitching Flowerville too. And as for you dogs - they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching is really beautiful and neat. I didn't know they made dog beds so bed, they both look very happy snuggled up together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet stitchery... both of them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh Cath, I don't know which I'm flipping out over more. Callie and Lila are incredibly adorable in their bed and Callie's face cuddled in next to her bear... I just want to give the an ear scritching and call them sweet names.
    Love your little bear stitchery! I don't know how you can do even a little work while watching Midsomer Murders, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely lovely stitching.... they are both wonderful projects....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful little teddy block Cath, love the close ups too.
    Your flower ville block is looking great too, better to take your time with the satin stitch, it will save unpicking if your not happy with it.
    The girls look very happy with their new bed!
    Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stitching is beautiful, Cath. Don't you just love those varigated theads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely job your are doing on your stitcheries. Teddy Bears are always a favorite and I'm sure Flowerville will be just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stitcheries look beautiful. I think your chain stitch has come out very well--I don't see any problems with what you have done. Your dogs are so like mine-- ours has a comfy bed full of teddies-- but she still prefers a lap! She looks at you adoringly-- those brown eyes showing a little bit of white-- and jumps on your lap as soon as you say OK.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cath ,wow your stitchery's are gorgeous,i love the threads you have chosen and i do hope you dont have to wait to long to get them my friend and i was only to glad for you to let off steam ,its a lot better for you to let it out,lol. Oh i love your doggies new bed,they look very comfy in there xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful stitcheries
    Nice dog too

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful stitcheries you are working on.
    Looks like the dogs are very comfy...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, adorable! Love your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Teddy Bear stitchery is soooooo cute! I hope you're new thread arrives soon so that you can complete it as you are so close to finishing that one. The Flowerville BOM is lovely. I really like the variegated thread you are using.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back and continuing to join the party. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That should have read... I hope you'll continue to join the party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What Breed is the dog on the right, In love your fur babies I have one too, she is Bichon Frieze crossed Maltese and she is beautiful. I love your blog, I am also doing a Country Tea Party.
    Have an awesome day :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...