About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Thursday 25 July 2013

Christmas in July Reveal

The first thing I thought about this morning was the Christmas in July gift, that was patiently waiting on top of my bookcase, for this day to dawn.

Since I am working all day today, I thought it best to open my parcel this morning rather than constantly be thinking about it at my work computer all day.

Lyn (no blog) was my secret Santa and OH MY GOODNESS, when I opened those gifts, I was absolutely delighted.

Lyn used these letters from (C) H R I S T (M) A (S) to make my gifts

C for Candy Cane that on either end of this table runner

M for Mouse in a Mitten Decoration
and S for Santa Claus mini wall hanging
Don't you agree that they are absolutely beautiful and so much work has gone into them.  Thank you so very much Lyn.  You have made my day! but wait, Lyn also sent me some lovely buttons and all this came together with a stunning hand made card and a christmas cracker.
I was hoping there was a joke in the cracker that I could share with you (they always crack me up!) but instead I found these words of wisdom from the bard himself:
"Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
      William Shakespeare

Now, do you want to see what I have sent to my secret santa.  She is not a follower of my blog so I am sure I won't spoil the surprise.

I sent her a mini Christmas Tree made out of yo-yos



I made a Snowman table runner


and a Santa mini wallhanging


I really hope my partner likes these goodies as I had so much fun making them.

Now I really need to hurry and get ready for work.......I am running so late already.

Hope you all have a Happy Christmas in July and are as thrilled as I am with your gifts.  A huge THANK YOU  to Cheryl for organising the very fun event.

 
 

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous presents, both sent and received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what wonderful gifts sent and received Cathy,what a fun swap,well done ladies.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful gifts sent and received Cathy. Hugs ......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both sets of gifts are gorgeous, you must be thrilled and I'm sure whoever gets your gifts will be too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful gifts sent and received...such a wonderful swap...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both sets of gifts are terrific! Makes you want to have Christmas right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great gifts both sent and rec'd. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my gifts Cath and the little extras were a lovely surprise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful gifts received and sent :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fabulous gifts - both sent and received!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, very nice gifts both sent and received. So much stitching, so pretty. xx debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super duper gifts there.
    They're all yummy.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh beautiful gifts both ways two very lucky ladies :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely gifts sent and received, you spoiled each other!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your yo-yo tree and have to say I found myself scrolling back and enjoying ALL your Christmas creations. I need to make more table runners. Your Santa one is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...