About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Sunday 1 July 2012

My name is Cath, and I am a Fabric Addict

I missed out on my much anticipated quilt shop-hop back in April as I had 'that' unwanted trip to Ireland so todays outing almost, almost, felt like a consolation prize. I love the Crafty Lady's at home shop and studio as it is filled with gorgeous fabrics and books and buttons and things but somehow it reminds me of a colourful candy shop that you never want to leave!

This week saw her hosting her once a year sale and I was really keen to go. I took a couple of friends with me (Marilyn and Lorraine) and we all found something worth adding to the stash.


 buy 3, get one free......how could I resist especially since the fat quarters were $3.50 each!

As you can see, I just couldn't resist the bundles table, the blue bundle is 4x30cm and the pink/green bundle and the brown bundle are 5x fat quarters.  My brain went into a spin when I saw these gorgeous colours.......not 100% sure what I will create but ideas are forming.


And then there was the green....I always come home with green.  I find it such a balancing colour in quilts and you never know when you will be adding leaves or green tree frogs! I will have plenty here as this bundle was 95cm.

And lastly, I have been after this book for ages (just so I can add to my "little treasure chest"). I knew Sandy sold these but unfortunately the last one went the day before.  Sandy is an amazing woman and she kindly sold me her personal copy. Hoorah!

The best thing about going to the Crafty Lady's Studio is that it is so inspiring.....I couldn't wait to get home and do some more stitching.  Next time I lose my mojo, I know where to look.

Happy Weekend!
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the fabrics and the prices?! Wow, awesome! Have fun fabric fondling. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...