About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Saturday 12 May 2012

It's days like these!

Something hubby and I love to do together is visit the Art Gallery and at the moment the Queensland Art Gallery has an installation of paintings of women by various artists on loan from Musée d'Orsay, Paris. We have been talking about going for a number of weeks now and today we decided it was the day.
Modern Women 1850 - 1918
 We had a lovely time strolling through the paintings, oohing and aahing at some and crinkling our noses at others but soon our tummies were startng to rumble so we made our way to the restaurant and ordered some sandwiches and coffee and spent a relaxing couple of hours in the sun dappled,  breezy courtyard with our lunch while I snapped away with my camera.
Roast Veg and Feta Sandwich
Water Feature in the courtyard at the QAG
A stunning piece of glasswear (and reflection) on display at the gallery

An all together pleasant way to spend a Saturday I also did some sewing earlier. Well, even though I had a "sleep in" today, I got up at 5.30am and put some finishing touches to this project.

Tonight I am going out to dinner with some girls I know from work. I just hope I can stay awake long enough to order dinner!
 xoxox

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely way to spend a day . Hope you enjoyed your evening with your friends as well:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! Have fun tonight and the little "teaser" of your new project looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds exactly like my kind of day.. The Art Gallery and it's latest exhibition is on my MUST DO list.. I can't wait to see this. I'm also keen to see the Egyptian Exhibit... Love Brisbane!!! We're very lucky xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...