I mentioned in my last post, on Friday, that I had started a new crochet project so maybe it is time to share it. I bought some chunky wool a couple of weeks ago with the intention of crocheting a snuggle blanket for myself this Winter. When I got it home, I realised that I needed a bigger crochet hook than any I had in my collection. No problem....next time I went into town, it would be on my shopping list........mmmm...now I did pick up a bigger hook and I also happened to walk past a display of yarns...and what do you know?....a couple of them jumped into my basket as well!
I have used them and started on a different pattern than I had planned for the first chunky wool (it's not as chunky) and I have also discovered something.....I am much more suited to crocheting in a continuous row by row rather than squares that get joined together.
I started this on Friday evening and just can't put it down, even though my arm aches and my fingers feel battered.....I have successfully changed colour and love how the pattern is coming along. HERE is the pattern that I am using. By the time I got to rows 7 & 8 I didn't need to see the pattern anymore as it is imprinted to my brain. I think this is certainly one I can manage to finish!
With the crochet being high on my agenda this week.....I have not done very much stitching. I finished block 4 of Flowerville and have started on Block 5.
What do you have to share for this week?
- Link will be open until Sunday 3.4.2016.
- Link anything that you are working on this week or over the past week....needle and thread is all it takes.
- Please add a link back to Bits 'n Bobs as part of your post (why not get the button code from the side bar to paste into your post). This will help your readers finding the Link Up if they want to participate as well.
- Please make the effort to visit other link users and leave them a comment. Leaving me a comment after linking up will help me know that you have been by and linked up.
- Other Link Parties are more than welcome to link up too!
I am also linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching, Main Crush Monday & Monday Making...head on over and see who else is Linking there.