About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Sunday 24 January 2016

Stitching!

I just wanted to show the stitching I did for FNSI.....I finished off this little poppet and her very own 'lil teddy.


I just loved stitching the lovely flower in her 'hair'. My satin stitch is really going well on this block.






Here is the progress I have made on a whole.


Thanks for your words of support both about my brief hospital visit and also the fire situation.  I did take my stitching with me to hospital but because I was wired up to all sorts of sensors for a sleep study, it just wasn't going to happen.
As for the fire situation...some parts of the state had a bit of rain overnight but not enough and the Fire Alerts Map still shows an awful lot of fire zones. I think the rain helped with the smoke haze though as it is looking much better....here's the proof.

Taken at sunset last yesterday.


 If you don't  already know, Design Board Monday is live tomorrow....please come and take a look....you may want to join...or you can visit the participants and see what they are up to for the week.

 

14 comments:

  1. Your satin stitch looks good to me - mine is terrible! A sweet stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cath
    Hasn't the smoke been awful, it was really bad here all week but today is clear and i can see blue sky. Your stitching is beautiful, there is alot of work in this block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the teddies, so cute!! Good to hear the smoke isn't so bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching on such cuties! Hope you get more rain soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the teddies are so cute in your lovely stitchery. Hoping for more rain to come your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your teddies are adorable , great stitching . I missed your post about the hospital, hope all is well now .

    ReplyDelete
  7. very sweet little teddy ...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful teddy stitchery...

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a sweet little teddy Cath... take care & don't hurry things after your stay in hospital...

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope all went well with your sleep study,
    so love seeing these stitcheries coming to life. gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your teddy bears. You've probably said before, but what will be your finished project?

    Both Hubby and I need to do a sleep study. I hope yours gives you some answers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute stitchery you are working on!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...