About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Monday 30 November 2015

DBM #11 - Eek...not a stitch!

Oh dear! How slack I have been on the sewing front....not a stitch has been sewn this week!


You are probably thinking..."what HAVE you been up to?"

Well.......It's that time of year when the orchard is starting to get plentiful and the cherry trees are laden with fruit.....just can't let it all go to waste.....so picking the fruit is the order of the day...and of course, then I need to do something with it....so washing, pitting and (so far) into the freezer, dehydrator or into the pot for Cherry Pie Filling....we had a Cherry Crumble last night for after dinner....Yummy!


I also took plenty of photo's of that luscious fruit that I picked. They are just the perfect subject to photograph so I couldn't resist a pic or two.....or... five or six. With so much going on in the orchard and creating a small flower garden of sorts plus working on a kitchen veggie patch, I am not sewing or stitching so much. On the other hand Cath@Home is fast becoming my main blogging space and creative outlet....I have found my blogging style over there has changed....concentrating more on my photography than anything else. It's not hard when you have such amazing scenery to inspire you. I hope you will come over for a visit some time just to see what I really have been doing.


That is why my Design Board looks like this, yet again:


I do need some inspiration....so please Link Up whatever is on your sewing agenda this week....Is it hand sewing, machine piecing, knitting, crochet?....whatever involves needle and thread is most welcome.

Let's see what you have on your Design Board this week:
  • Link will be open until Sunday 6/12/15.
  • link anything that you are working on this week or over the past week....needle and thread is all it takes! 
  • Please add a link back to Bits 'n Bobs as part of your post (why not get the button code to paste into your post)
  • Please make the effort to visit other link users and leave them a comment to make their day! Don't forget me!



Linking this post up with:

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting this. I just saw a link to your party on another blog and had to jump over and check it out.

    If I had cherries growing in my yard (my fave), I wouldn't be getting any sewing in either. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cherries look so yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cherry pictures...and wish I had some of your cherries! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots of the cherries. Some weeks are just that way, too much going on to stitch. Hopefully you'll get back to it before much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful cherries - and you got some gorgeous photos with them! I loved the images here and on the other blog. :) Glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm - those cherries looks scrumptious; great job of capturing the essence of them. Thank you for dropping by my blog. Wishing you a happy and productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes LiFe happens....
    Merry Christmas xox

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...