About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Monday 23 May 2016

Design Board Monday #35 - Inclement Weather

It has been wet, cold and plain miserable here today but I have made the most of it....stitching happily in front of the fire with my furry companions softly snoring on a blanket near by.


Here is what I continued stitching today.....A Country Tea Party...Block 8


I made a slight change and stitched a row of tiny chain stitch for the cream in the cake....


 I still have a few sites to visit from last week but once again I am asking:

What do you have to share for this week?



  • Link will be open until this coming Sunday.
  • Link anything that you are working on this week or over the past week....needle and thread is all it takes.
  • Please add a link back to Bits 'n Bobs as part of your post (why not get the button code from the side bar to paste into your post). This will help your readers finding the Link Up if they want to participate as well.
  • Please make the effort to visit other link users and leave them a comment. Leaving me a comment after linking up will help me know that you have been by and linked up
  • Other Link Parties are more than welcome to link up too! Please NO Sales, Endorsement or Promotional Posts....they will be deleted.

Link Below


Also Linking with:

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raining here all days too!! It is good you made the most out of it with this beautiful embroidery again. Hope it is beautiful weather soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures of the clouds, but I get the miserable part. It's been so rainy here that we had not had a chance to see the sun set in days. With summer coming, it's light a lot longer when it's not cloudy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving the stitchery! It's so cute! :) ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable block! Love the flowers with the lazy daisy stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stitching by the fireside along with furry companions is perfect for a rainy day! The teddy bears look adorable!! I love the way you did the fur.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stitchery is so cute and I love the chain stitch for the cream in the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the chain stitch Cath, what a cute design, well done!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love bad weather! It makes my justify the time I sit inside with the furry kids and stitch. Yesterday, though, the sun was just beautiful here in Ohio, and I hurried with my piecing so I can sit on the back porch while they all enjoyed the grass and sun. There was an encounter with a chipmunk where it actually ran across the Doxie girls' on it's way to safety in the hostas!

    I'm very new to embroidery, and always enjoy seeing what you're up to with yours. Seeing how different stitches are used--and how well done yours are, is interesting now, and I really thank you for sharing. I've dug through some of your older posts now, and can appreciate them more.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sun is finally shining here in Indiana...but not for long..the weather man said that nasty 4 letter word again today....RAIN! Love your handwork. Thanks for linking up at Podunk Pickin's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yuck on the weather. Hard to remember you all are heading into winter while we are heading into summer. Your bears are cute ... I think I'd like a piece of cake with that great frosting between the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice touch with the cream filling in the cake.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...