I have been busily stitching on block 8 of Flowerville and although it doesn't seem like I have done as much as last week....I reckon it will be finished in a couple of nights and I can give all my attention to A Country Tea Party until the final block 9 arrives in the mail.
On Friday, it was agreed that I was needed on the farm with getting a certain cow to visit a bull and wouldn't make it to my sewing group. As it turned out, said cow did not appear ready to visit the bull so I headed off to join the Post Office sewing group. A lucky move, as it turns out because Tanya, who owns the Post Office, was sorting through her studio and had a huge bag of these vintage linens which she was wanting to sell....I managed to pick up 7 pieces for $25.
|A close up of some of the embroidery.....puts my satin stitch to shame!!|
Oh...and if you were wondering if the cow....Bessie, ever made it over the road to see Glenn...well the answer is no but that doesn't mean I was off the hook....Pippa was on heat this morning and bellowing very loudly so we walked her over...It was a much easier task than when we took Anna over last month. You can meet the herd and read about the 'Cow Whisperer' (that's me!) HERE.
Driving home from the PO Group takes me past Helen Stubbing's shop, Quarter Inch and I have been meaning to call in ever since she opened the doors. It was now or never....here's what I came home with.
|3 patterns and a charm pack for some hexies|
And finally.....Thank Goodness, I have all your link ups to inspire me....so,
What do you have to share for this week?
- Link will be open until this coming Sunday.
- Link anything that you are working on this week or over the past week....needle and thread is all it takes.
- Please add a link back to Bits 'n Bobs as part of your post (why not get the button code from the side bar to paste into your post). This will help your readers finding the Link Up if they want to participate as well.
- Please make the effort to visit other link users and leave them a comment. Leaving me a comment after linking up will help me know that you have been by and linked up.
- Other Link Parties are more than welcome to link up too! Please NO Sales, Endorsement or Promotional Posts....they will be deleted.
Also Linking with: