About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Monday 25 April 2016

Design Board Monday #31 - Flowerville Progress

So I didn't post on Saturday because we actually had guests visit us @Home and I just didn't get around to posting anything. It was such a treat having Julia (from my Apatchy Quilting group in Brisbane) and her hubby call in for a visit.  After a cuppa and homemade blueberry muffins, we went for a walk to show them our property.  Rosie and the girls were very curious with the new faces and trailed behind us....probably hoping for a snack of apples...up to the back paddock where they decided to stay and munch on some grass while we took the forest walk back to the house. Later, I made my farmer his own apple galette for dessert.


Because of all that I only got as far as printing off the pattern for Jenny's design and I will get it ready for stitching when the next  Stitch In Days  linky is up again in two weeks time.

All stitching time was not lost though....I did get alot done on Flowerville throughout the last week...finishing block 6 - The Coffee Shop.


I still don't have my camera sorted out so you will have to make do with smart phone pics.  Anyway, with block 6 completed, I got started on block 7 - The Gypsy Caravan -  on Saturday evening and look how much I have stitched already.


Block 8 arrived in the mail this week and then I will only have one more block to arrive and stitch. After that, I can give A Country Tea Party my full attention.



What do you have to share for this week?


  • Link will be open until this coming Sunday.
  • Link anything that you are working on this week or over the past week....needle and thread is all it takes.
  • Please add a link back to Bits 'n Bobs as part of your post (why not get the button code from the side bar to paste into your post). This will help your readers finding the Link Up if they want to participate as well.
  • Please make the effort to visit other link users and leave them a comment. Leaving me a comment after linking up will help me know that you have been by and linked up
  • Other Link Parties are more than welcome to link up too! Please NO Sales, Endorsement or Promotional Posts....they will be deleted.

Link Below


 
Also Linking with:

for the first timesunshinequilting

 

18 comments:

  1. You're whipping through Flowerville, Cath. I love the gypsy wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen Flowerville before. I love the thread choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying seeing your embroidery work. It's beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you for hosting. Found you over @ Podunk. Beautiful & colorful embroidery work here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and colourful stitcheries. The Gypsy Caravan is going to be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those blocks are so pretty - you are keeping up well with them...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are gorgeous cath.

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are looking so gorgeous! well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful coffee shop stitching there Cath... & those threads, I fall in love with them every time I come to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stitching! AND....that dessert!! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remembered to link up this week!! haha
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the variegated floss in your beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the coffee pot block, and that caravan is adorable. How fabulous they look in that thread! Stitch-In Days thanks you for the ping back, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh, beautiful blocks and I love the colors with the varigated thread! So glad you linked up with the SAL on my blog. I always love to get to "know" other stitchers and you have inspired me!
    Hugs, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  15. That apple galette looks very yummy! Lots of pretty stitches in your tea blocks. Hope you've had a chance to do a bit more this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful embroidery. The coffee block is pretty. Apple galette is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Cath! Beautiful blocks.... another fabulous design by Rosalie! So pretty! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cath, oh I do love Flowerville - are you using Country Garden Threads?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...