This week I decided it was time to cut a fabric that I bought on my last trip up to Brisbane. This is actually secret sewing but I doubt the recipient reads my blog so I may be safe.
I had initially wanted to use a pattern which incorportated the rail fence block.....like this one I pinned.
Realising that the birdie fabric would be too difficult to cut into the required block sizes, I needed to rethink without excluding the complimentary fabrics I had bought for this project a few weeks ago.
I have spent the past couple of weeks rehashing block sizes and tearing my hair out thinking how I could make that above pattern work...until...I came across another pictureof another pattern that I though might just work better. It is a Moda Bakeshop Jelly Roll pattern which I will have to resize slightly due to the width of the birds. Yes, it was time to cut!
I started with the square-in-a-square block...as you can't continue until these units are pieced. I pieced my blocks a bit different to the pattern which is maybe why my blocks finished up at just under 6.5" so I cut the blocks back to 6".
After a couple of hours in the sewing room, I was really happy with the results
There is plenty for me to carry on with for the rest of the week.
Here goes! Come on over and be my guinea pigs!
When you have finished linking up here, head on over to Main Crush Mondays over at Cooking Up Quilts and Making Mondays at Love Laugh Quilt......that's where I am linking up as well.