About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Saturday 8 September 2012

Stitch by Stitch

I have not been here for a few days partly because I have been so busy stitching and partly because I had a call back to the Breastscreen clinic to investigate an abnormality. Although I tried to stay positive, I was not up to blogging until I got the results. And the results were good.....just a cyst which didn't even need draining.

I had so many lovely comments about my "minute by minute" post and I achieved such a personal success by finishing almost all the stitching that I had prepared last Saturday that I have tried it again today.

block 11 of Teddy Bear Tea Party

block 4 of Edwardian House (yet to do block 3)
I finished the stitching on blocks 8 and 9 of "My Garden" (sorry, no pictures)

-XXXXXXXX-

Hubby has been watching the AFL all day today so I didn't feel at all guilty in setting my timer for 4 by 1 hour sessions. Have a look at what I got done.

Block 12 for "Teddy Bear Tea Party" is ready for stitching and the applique shapes for the remaining "My Garden" stitchery are cut out.


Transferred the design of Block three four (it's confusing!) of "Edwardian House" - sorry, no picture.

Gathered some pretty pink fabrics together to make something out of the latest copy of "Homespun" for a gift swap and have all the pieces ready to sew.

Tidied up my project box for "Farmyard Frolics and finished preparing the replacement block for sewing.
I am so happy with how this block has turned out and hope Sally doesn't feel offended that I didn't use her original block. (This is one of her patterns as well)

And believe it or not, there is more! I sewed 3 rows of "Rusty's Quilt".....only two rows left before the next step of sewing rows together.

Wth plans to start another two stitchery BOM's this month, I am happy with my time management so far.  So please excuse me now as I am itching to do some stitching!

ps - I am heading to the Samford Village quilt show tomorrow so if you happen to be going too, it would be nice to have a cuppa and say hi.

Till next time!



 I am llinking this post into WIP Wednesday, head on over and see what other crafters have been up to.

8 comments:

  1. Another productive "minute by minute" - I'm off to the Redlands Quilt Show - a bit closer to home for me - hope you enjoy your day! MY Husband has his eyes glued to the AFL now - hopefully Geelong wins - he will be a nicer person to have around the house! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cath, you have been one stitching machine! No wonder you haven't been posting but when you so post so many wonderful pictures of the things you are working on...well you are forgiven! LOL. Everything is beautiful like usual. Have fun at the quilt show...I wish I could pop over for a cuppa! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your results were all good Cath. What a scare for you. You have done soooo much I am in awe! Your system is definitely working. Take care and look after yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cath so please the results were positive. I empathise with you I also have a cyst and the waiting for results is so nerve racking. Just love your teddy in the teapot

    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous projects lined up. So glad all turned out well with your health.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have been very productive. I love your idea of getting little bits done on each project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects happening at your house Cath and I am really happy for you that your results were good ,take care. hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have been so productive well done, hugs

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...