About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Tuesday Treasure - Old Blue Combi Van

Driving to my sewing group today I pulled up next to an old blue combi van at some traffic lights and I immediately travelled back to my childhood.


Even though I was about 6 years old, I remember the day we picked up our blue combi campervan. I was so excited, I couldn't decide where to sit and boy did I have plenty of choice. My favourite seat, though, was up front on the bench seat between mum and dad.  We did so many trips in that van, to the most amazing places throughout South Africa (where I grew up) local and far away.  My favourite times were spent at a place called Smilin' Thru' on the Vaal River when we used to go for weekend BBQ's with friends.  I thought it was  a magical time and now have memories to treasure.

I wish we had taken more photo's of these times but I found this one amongst some photo's my brother gave me.

I am  linking in to Melody's Tuesday Treasure.....Do you have a treasure to share?

 

4 comments:

  1. How fabulous - I always wanted a combi when I was a little girl. Thank you so much for playing along with Tt today

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you were to have the combi van , we had a camper trailer which we loved and I also have many fond memories of summers spent camping , so I understand why this is such a treasure to you . Hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!
    My son has an orange VW camper - it's twice his own age - he's rebuilding the interior with his Dad
    Guess who needs to make Miss Daisy a quilt! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How special Cath...such a wonderful photo too. It must have bought back so many great memories.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...