About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Monday 16 January 2012

Every Quilter should have a Kitty



 I have always been an animal lover.  Although I have siblings, they are older than I am and I grew up as an only child and throughout my childhood, I had a number of dogs, a couple of cats and even a horse.

Now I am in adulthood and the mother of three adult children, I still feel the need for animals in my life.  At the moment we have Callie, a Labrador, who we got  5 years ago as a puppy and recently, Lila came to live with us too and I really love the two of them to bits. However,  I feel a pang of jealousy when I see blog pics of cats on quilts... there, I said it!

I have harped on and on for years about wanting a cat but hubby always comes up with some excuse or other why that is not a good idea...this is the latest, an email I received from him yesterday:

WARNING - FOLLOWING CONTENT MAY UPSET SOME PEOPLE


"See how dangerous cats can be around the family home:

"Falling cat fractures woman's skull"

Updated January 15, 2012 09:33:42

An elderly woman has been left fighting for her life in Argentina after a cat thrown out of a fourth-floor apartment during a heated argument landed on her head, local media reported.

The incident occurred in the Belgrano neighbourhood of Buenos Aires on Saturday when, during the dispute, a man grabbed the family cat and threw it at his wife.

She dodged the feline, which then sailed through an open window and plunged toward the ground, striking the woman, an 85-year-old neighbour.

Police told Argentine media that the victim suffered a fractured skull and was rushed to hospital, where she had to be connected to a ventilator.

The cat's condition is unknown."
  
I had to reply and point out that in actual fact..See how dangerous.MEN can be around the family home. 



"He who dislikes the cat was in his former life a rat" -Anon
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Cats and quilts do seem to pair up, but so do dogs and quilts.

    Here's a great blog: Archie the Wonder Dog

    Check this post:

    http://archiethewonderdog.blogspot.com/2011/12/winner.html

    PS I'm not taking sides, but I wouldn't want any animal hair on my fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...