I have been tagged by Jeanna over at Because I say sew in a game going around in blogland! I'm supposed to answer these questions, and then pass it on, so watch out!
1. Musicals or plays? And what are your favorites?
My parents always loved musicals and took me to at least one a year so I guess I love them too. This year I took my mum and daughter to see Mary Poppins and I am going to see Jersey Boys in August with a group of friends. My favourite musical is Chicago.
2. Do you have any "hidden" talents that have not made it into your blog?
No, just a jill of all trades....master of none!
3. Are you a reader? If so, what are you reading right now? I am a reader of historical fiction and currently reading a fictional story of King Henry VII written by Jean Plaidy. Don't read as often as I would like as I don't seem to be able to find the time.
4. What is your favorite time of day? I love crisp, fresh mornings to take my dogs for a walk and I enjoy the "light" of the day up until early afternoon. For some reason sunset makes me feel lonely and sad.
5. Do you save the selvages from fabric? Have you ever made anything with them? No, I have seen a lot of lovely things been made out of selvages but with all that gorgeous fabric out there, and so little time, it is not for me.
6. What is your favorite quilt you've ever made? They are all my favourites. I can hardly bear to give anything away. I do have a couple of unfavourite quilts.....maybe I will show them sometime!!!
7. What color comes up most often in your quilts? Blues, pinks and green.....mostly the colours of my home.
8. Do you play music while you sew? What songs get you motivated? I only play music when I am home alone and love songs that I can sing to. Not sure they motivate me, but they take me to a happy place.
9. What's the worst injury you've ever suffered? I broke my arm when I was 7 years old. It took 4 nurses, my mum and my older brother to hold me down while they gave me a painkiller injection. I have hated hospitals ever since
10. Do you come from a large family or a small family? Small, I only have 2 brothers. I also only had 1 Aunty, 1 Uncle (both passed on) and 4 cousins
11. Have you always lived in your current hometown? If not, how far away do you live from the town where you were born? As the Aussie song goes "I've been everywhere, man". I only lived in the town where I was born for 15 months of my life and mostly lived abroad after that. My birth town is in the UK so I am many many miles/km's away.
This was so much fun and I hope I don't appear too looney! This is who I have tagged, I hope they play along!
Debbie @ Our Old Homestead
Sue B @ Quilted Hugs
Susan @ Susans Sewing Space
Leanne @ Lizzie the Quilter
|A photo of me taken by my brother around the time I broke my arm|