About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Monday 15 February 2016

Design Board Monday #21 - Jet Plane

Now, at last, I can reveal that as you are reading this, I am flying to the UK to visit my mum and meet with my family....I will also be saying 'hello' to little baby G which is why I was on a deadline to finish THAT Baby Quilt. There are so many secrets surrounding this visit, I was a little worried about letting the cat out of the bag but I think I am safe now.....unless my mum is reading this because she doesn't know I am on my way to see her.


I am so delighted to be personally delivering the little man's quilt....and I am looking forward to taking lots of pics of him laying on it.


Yes, I finished it.  As usual, when I have a deadline....I left it to almost the very last minute to sew like a madwoman.



I actually enjoyed the last few days of sewing.....there were a few panicked moments when I thought I was going to run out of the white minky with only one border rectangle to finish up, but then I found a piece that had been misplaced.....phew!!!! and also, I was not happy with the first label...it was handwritten and I thought it looked tacky! I went into Picmonkey and created my own label which, after I had eventually found the fabric to print in onto, was too big for a corner square.....so I slapped it (er...sorry....carefully placed) it in the middle of the top border.

my Picmonkey Label




I have washed it to make it fluff up more and remove any girl dog cooties that may have been present.


I really want to continue the linky while I am away so please share what you are up to, or have been up to, this week...
  • Link will be open until Sunday 21.2.2016.
  • link anything that you are working on this week or over the past week....needle and thread is all it takes.
  • Please add a link back to Bits 'n Bobs as part of your post (why not get the button code from the side bar to paste into your post)
  • Please make the effort to visit other link users and leave them a comment to make their day! Don't forget me! I like comments too!
 

12 comments:

  1. How wonderful,mope you have a wonderful time.
    It will be amazing your mum will be so surprised.
    Great to be able to hand deliver your baby quilt in person, it looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops no moping, I was just hoping- stupid predictive text lol

      Delete
  2. How exciting Cath! Hope you have a wonderful visit! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful surprise for your mum. Being a mum myself, I know what a buzz she will get. Although my daughter only lives a few streets away now, once upon a time she and I were a long way apart. Not quite OZ/UK but far enough. Have fun while you are away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so exciting for you Cath. Have a wonderful time with your family. Your quilt has turned out lovely. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome surprise for your mum. I should say,.. 'Welcome to England'! Ha ha yes I live here! Hope you have a lovely time, sorry about the horrid weather!
    'That quilt' is beautiful and will be loved and cherished for many many years I am sure.
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful surprise! Those baby photos will look especially sweet because you were there to take them. Have a good trip and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun on your trip! That baby quilt looks so soft and snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a fun visit Cath! That baby quilt is beautiful! Lucky guy to have a great aunt like you. :D Safe travels. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your visit! The baby quilt looks very soft and cuddly, it will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray! Well done on your finish! Have a great trip too!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...