About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Saturday 21 July 2012

Any thoughts on the matter?

I am so excited and cannot sleep? Can you guess why?


No, I am not going on an overseas holiday just at the moment!
No, I am not being spoilt with a new car, or a diamond ring or any material object for that matter!
No, no-one is getting married or giving me a "little treasure"!

The reason I am so excited is a bit simpler than all that......it is quilt challenge time!!!

The word got out the other day from Apatchy Quilting that a new quilt challenge is taking place. Last year I came third with my first ever landscape quilt
 
and these were the 1st and 2nd prize winners

came first

I really liked this one that came 2nd
We only had 2 months to work with last year, this year we have been given 6months....WOW!  I am probably going to need all that time as I have an amazing idea developing in my head.  The theme is "Colour Story".  I am thinking bright, bold and modern. Without giving too much away, I am planning on using a clamshell design and have been researching relentlessly to find a how to.  You see I really want to make my clamshells 3D and  so if you have any thoughts on the matter, I would love to know.



1 comment:

  1. I loved your quilt from last year! Good luck, sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...